What it's Like to Be a Contractor's Daughter

In my eyes I see a dedicated man. A man relentless in his persistence to provide for his family. A man with upright character and virtue.

Being a young girl, sitting in the back of his truck watching him interact with people, observing how he treats each person. I have always admired the way that he comes alive talking to his customers. To him, his customers are more than customers. They are friends. He invites each of them into personal relationship and doesn't treat them like a source of income.

His honesty leads him. He is as dedicated to each project as he is to his own family. Each project he embarks on is another challenge for him, and he loves to improve. I see his each of his construction projects as his external form of improvement.

When I follow along with my dad to his job sites, I see his passion for building come into full bloom. This passion was not supposed to be in the cards for him. He fought for it. He grew up with parents wanting him to fit into their mold of what he should be. Though, he knew what he really wanted to do. So he did it. At the expense of his parents approval, he began working in an area he truly enjoyed. Once he did, he proved that living out your true desires can bring more fulfillment than living out others expectations.

In my eyes, I see a man dedicated to his personal integrity. A man who is sure to turn a vision into tangible reality.

My father is a man with purpose, finding fulfillment in improving other's lives by using his creative passion for building.

Comments

Popular Posts